The process and manufacturing industries, a great demand for industrial control systems/ automation in order to streamline operations in terms of
Industrial Automation plays an important role in the world economy and in daily experience.
Industrial Automation is the use different control systems like PLC, SCADA, DCS, EMS, MES, communication technologies(use a different protocol like Ethernet, Modbus, Profibus), information technology to reduce the need for human work in the production of goods and services.
In the scope of industrialization, automation is a step beyond mechanization.
Whereas mechanization provided human operators with machinery to assist them with the muscular requirements of work, automation greatly decreases the need for human sensory
In today’s world most of the System, Machine operates on automation Because of that the automotive systems are most efficient.”Automation” in simple terms, we can say that “move(motion) by itself(Auto).
The control and automate of industrial machines and process with the help of PLC, SCADA, DCS by replacing human operators is known as Industrial Automation
Industrial automation system advantages:
- To reduce labor cost
- To make less the effects of labor shortages
- To reduce or remove routine manual tasks
- To improve worker safety To improve product quality
- To reduce manufacturing lead time
- To accomplish what cannot be done manually
Industrial automation products in the market :
- Controlling: PLC, SCADA, DCS, Instrumentation
- Motion control: Servo system, Stepper system, AC/DC VFD
- Operating: HMI, SCADA, DCS
- Networking: Serial, Ethernet, Modbus, Profibus, RS232/485, Fiber Optic, GSM/GPRS
In an increasingly competitive global marketplace, technology to help sustain profitable business growth is a focus for many companies. Like… ROCKWELL,SCHNEIDER,PHOENIX,SIEMENS,HONEYWELL,EMERSON.These companies list below show with their Product.
So currently in automation PLC, SCADA, DCS, Process Instruments have made automation more reliable and powerful.
PLC: PLC means Programmable Logic Controller. It is a Hardware combining various Digital and Analog input/output, power supply, memory & processor. PLC controls the process sequentially in one microprocessor-based controller, communicates with HMI / SCADA.
SCADA: SCADA means Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition. It is a Software which runs on a computer and provides Graphical monitoring/controlling, Alarming, Trending, Reporting etc.
DCS: DCS means Distributed Control System. It is a combination of Hardware and Software. DCS has many distributed controller for a specific application. These controller controls the various process simultaneously and communicates with central controller & SCADA
Industrial automation Market point:
- In the present competitive industrial automation, the deployment of automation solutions has become a required for organizations.
- Automation solutions are DCS, SCADA, PLC, MES, AM, EMI, and HMI are being widely used by various Process and Discrete industries worldwide.
- However, organizations across industries are facing problems in terms of deployment of these automation solutions and making them suit their specific requirements.
- In some organizations across various Process and Discrete industries including the Power, Oil and Gas, Chemical and Petrochemical, Pharmaceutical, and Pulp and Paper industries opt for these services to enhance their operational efficiency and to optimize their overall operational cost.
Key Buying point:
- Parameters such as customization, experience, price, and turnaround time play a very important role in the purchase of industrial automation services.
- The exhibits below show the importance of these parameters from the viewpoint of end-user industries.
- The impact of the buying criteria is graded on the basis of the intensity and duration of their influence on the current market landscape.
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Consumables Manufacturing
- Automotive Manufacturing
- Material Handling
- Food & Beverage
- Pulp and Pape
Industrial automation market in India:
- Industrial automation is increasing more improve efforts to making manufacturing processes more efficient reliable and reduce rates. In Current Automation market all the major sectors such as automotive, chemicals, manufacturing, and mining etc. Automation systems perform complex tasks and consistently improve quality production. Automation systems use communication networks is also facilitating the ineffective use of workflow in production facilities.
- The industrial Automation market included Process Automation, Factory Automation & Electrical Automation.
- Process Automation generally included continuous process industries, refineries, fertilizers, chemicals & petrochemicals, steel, cement, pulp & paper, polyester fibers, oil & gas exploration, production & distribution. Approximately the automation system market presently is around Rs. 8000 crores.
- In Electrical Automation, Transmission & Distribution, SCADA Systems & electrical parameters measuring add yet another Rs. 1500 crores.
- If GDP grows at an average 7.6%(per annum) year on year, growth in industrial automation could be around 4% from second year onwards. Again investments for smart cities & the Industry 4.0 can raise this growth rate to around 7%.